October 19, 2010 / In Uncategorized /
Gradual Changes at Your Website vs. RelaunchIt’s time to make changes at your website: it’s not really bringing in the return on your investment that it used to, traffic isn’t climbing as it used to, or maybe the site just isn’t accurately reflecting your business any more. Whatever the reason, you’re ready for a change. One of the first decisions you need to make is whether to start afresh with a complete relaunch, or just to make gradual changes as they become urgent. There are advantages to a complete relaunch:
- You can use the relaunch as an opportunity for press releases, newsletters to your mailing list, and other splashy marketing moves.
- You and your customers get all the benefits of the new site at once.
- Everything works together.
- Everything is updated at the same time, from the version of ColdFusion or HTML you’re using to the color scheme.
- There’s excitement about a new launch.
- You can spread the cost over time.
- You can test elements along the way, fine tuning and tweaking as you go.
- You may be able to make some changes in house.
- Frequent site updates can have SEO advantages.
- You can bring in different people at different times, benefiting from a range of skills.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
Get the tools you need to grow your
business delivered to you weekly.
Enter your email address below: