Critical to your ongoing costs is the pricing for different plans. You can try Shopify for free for 14 days. Then you need to decide between a Basic Shopify, Shopify, or Advanced plan (unless you have a Shopify Plus plan). Here are just a few of the similarities and differences between those three core options:
|Basic Shopify||Shopify||Advanced Shopify|
|Ecommerce store + blog||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|# of staff who can use Shopify POS & admin||2||5||15|
|Unlimited # of products||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|# of storage locations (warehouses, stores, pop-ups, etc.) where you can assign inventory||4||5||8|
|Credit card rates — online||2.9 percent plus $0.30||2.6 percent plus $0.30||2.4 percent plus $0.30|
|Credit card rates – in-person||2.7 percent plus $0.00 USD||2.5 percent plus $0.00||2.4 percent plus $0.00|
|Fee for using non-Shopify payment providers||2.0 percent||1.0 percent||0.5 percent|
|Advanced report builder||No||No||Yes|
|Third-party calculated shipping rates (At checkout, you can see shipping rates generated by third-party apps or your own account.)||No||No||Yes|
6 Key Difference Between Shopify POS Pro vs. Shopify POS Lite
It does not help much to know the difference in cost between the Shopify POS Lite and ShopifyPOS Pro versions if you do not know what you are getting. Here are just a few features you get with Shopify POS Pro that do not come with the free Lite version:
- Automatic discounts: Whether a customer is in your store or is shopping you online, they can redeem BOGO, fixed amount, and percentage discounts easily. There is no need to manually calculate discounts since they are applied at checkout automatically!
- Buy in-store, ship to customer: If your in-store inventory is low at a physical store, you can sell from wherever you have it. This feature also works well for customizable products and showrooms.
- Buy online, pick up in-store: You can quickly notify customers when pickup orders are ready, with comprehensive tracking and managing capabilities.
- Product recommendations: With your customers’ online purchase data integrated, you get smart suggestions and sell more in-person.
- Retail staff roles & permissions: You want to control access to information and determine who can perform which tasks. This feature allows you to establish permission sets suitable for each role.
- Demand forecasting: You will get suggestions from Shopify as to what should stay on your shelves based on business trends and previous sales data.