Driving new business is tough if you’re buried in the depths of the internet. The good news is there are plenty of ways a company can increase its Google rankings for free. Yes! It’s critical to have a comprehensive digital marketing plan in this increasingly mobile world, and utilizing free tools and smart techniques to elevate visibility is an excellent way to propel business goals.
SEO Still Rules
How’s your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) game? When it comes to techniques on how to increase your Google ranking for free — SEO should be your focus. Why? Because it’s still vital to global commerce and is a primary component of effective digital marketing. And getting it right doesn’t have to be expensive. It just takes some strategic thinking, effort, and useful tools and techniques.
Ready to boost your website’s SEO? Let’s get started.
7 Simple Ways to Increase Your Google Rankings for Free
1. Improve Your Keywords
- Google Trends — showcasing the latest stories the world is talking about. You can enter a term or a topic and then use that data to tell the most effective business stories for your products and services.
- Google’s Keyword Tool — this free tool from Google AdWords produces the most relevant keywords based on particular words or phrases related to your products and services.
2. Create New Blog Content Often
3. Include Internal Links on Your Site
4. Make Your Articles & Blogs Easily Shareable
5. Regularly Maintain Your Site and Fix Broken Links
6. Include a Unique Title Tag for Each Page on Your Site
7. Optimize Images and Other Media on Your Site
Bonus Material! More SEO Tools to Increase Your Rankings for Free
Yes, Google Trends and Keyword Tool are probably the biggest players in the game, but there are others that you can take advantage of as well. Depending on your needs, one of these could be your favorite. When you are finding out the best way to increase your Google ranking for free, check these out:
- Screaming Frog — useful for finding broken links, oversized files/pictures, duplicate info, and more.
- BROWSEO — just enter your URL and it displays basic, relevant SEO info.
- Rank Checker — this tool from SEO Book shows you just where your site stands and gives you various tips to escalate your rankings. You can also install it on your toolbar for easy access.
- GTmetrix — find out your speed score for specific URLs. Slow speeds make users flee! GTmetrix will also give you a list of improvement options such as resizing images.
- Responsive Design Test — to keep your smartphone and other mobile device users happy, test your pages with this handy tool. Your ranking will improve when it is easily accessed and looks awesome on all types of devices.
Ranking Up for Increased Sales
Now that you’ve discovered how to increase your Google rankings for free, you can broaden your reach and optimize your site— and boost sales. With some effort, and a determination to make your site the best that it can be, visibility (and legitimacy in Google’s eyes) can set you on a trajectory to accomplish aggressive sales goals.
For more information on the many ways you can boost your business online, follow our blog here. Oyova provides free marketing tips that uncover the best way to grow your business.
Other Google Articles You May Be Interested In
- How to Use Google Keyword Planner to Maximize Your SEO Efforts
- How to Use Google Analytics to Boost Your SEO
- 3 Steps to Simple A/B Testing with Google Analytics
- 3 Google Ranking Factors Every Website Should Follow
- 10 Simple SEO Hacks to Quickly Improve Your Google Ranking
- Google PageSpeed Insights vs. GTMetrix: Which One Is Better?
- 2015 Huge Google Mobile Search Update