Driving new business is tough if you’re buried in the depths of the internet. The good news is there are plenty of ways a company can increase their Google rankings for free. Yes! It’s critical to have a comprehensive digital marketing plan in this increasingly mobile world, and utilizing free tools and smart techniques to elevate visibility is an excellent way to propel business goals.
SEO Still Rules
How’s your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) game? When it comes to techniques on how to increase your Google ranking for free — SEO should be your focus. Why? Because it’s still vital to global commerce and is a primary component of effective digital marketing. And getting it right doesn’t have to be expensive. It just takes some strategic thinking, effort, and useful tools and techniques.
Ready to boost your website’s SEO? Let’s get started.
7 Simple Ways to Increase Your Google Rankings for Free
Improve Your Keywords
The more targeted your keywords are to your particular niche, the better. Creating and utilizing targeted keywords will help you to rise above competitors and strain out the more generalized content. When figuring out how to increase your Google ranking for free, here are two top tools to improve your keywords:
- Google Trends — showcasing the latest stories the world is talking about, you can enter a term or a topic and then use that data to tell the most effective business stories for your products and services.
- Google’s Keyword Tool — this free tool from Google AdWords produces the most relevant keywords based on particular words or phrases related to your products and services.
Create New Blog Content Often
Don’t let your site get stale. You can increase your website visibility when you publish new content online on a regular basis. You can even explore Google Trends for ideas on new blogs for hot topics related to your industry. Make sure to intersperse your keywords strategically throughout the blog, but not so much that it is garish and unreadable. You want them to keep coming back for more.
Include Internal Links on Your Site
Another great technique to increase your Google ranking for free is to make sure you have a good amount of internal links on your site. Doing so helps Google and other search engines get a better understanding of how your pages relate to one other. From linking one blog to another or linking words or phrases on your blog to your services page, internal links are quite powerful.
Make Your Articles & Blogs Easily Shareable
Don’t let an opportunity go by for your customers and fans to share your content. Make sure to include social share icons each time you place new articles, blogs, new product announcements, and other valuable information on your site. Doing so not only helps with exposure to new audiences but also is an indirect way to increase your rankings by getting more inbound clicks to your pages.
Regularly Maintain Your Site and Fix Broken Links
Nobody likes those dreaded 404 errors. It is essential to maintain your site and keep it as clean as possible by fixing broken links and deleting outdated and irrelevant content. Monitoring and managing your site health can go a long way to maintaining relevancy and keeping your site appealing and user-friendly. It doesn’t take much to turn off a customer for good.
Include a Unique Title Tag for Each Page on Your Site
Feature appropriate keywords in title tags and write them for every page. Title tags should be up to 70 characters max. Use your words wisely, and Google can have a greater comprehension of precisely what is on your site.
Optimize Images and Other Media on Your Site
Yes, you should think about SEO regarding images and other media too. It is probably not the first thing that comes to your mind, but that doesn’t make it any less important. Title your photos, infographics, videos, and other media with relevant words /phrases and write descriptive alt tags. While you are in the midst of reviewing everything, make sure all media is formatted correctly and uploads quickly. If your website is still in the dark ages and takes too much time to load, it’s time to update.
Bonus Material! More SEO Tools to Increase Your Rankings for Free
Yes, Google Trends and Keyword Tool are probably the biggest players in the game, but there are others that you can take advantage of as well. Depending on your needs, one of these could be your favorite. When you are finding out the best way to increase your Google ranking for free, check these out:
- Screaming Frog — useful for finding broken links, oversized files/pictures, duplicate info and more.
- BROWSEO — just enter your URL and it displays basic, relevant SEO info.
- Rank Checker — this tool from SEO Book shows you just where you site stands and gives you various tips to escalate your rankings. You can also install it on your toolbar for easy access.
- GTmetrix — find out your speed score for specific URLs. Slow speeds make users flee! GTmetrix will also give you a list of improvement options such as resizing images.
- Responsive Design Test — to keep your smartphone and other mobile devices users happy, test your pages with this handy tool. Your ranking will improve when it is easily accessed and looks awesome on all types of devices.
Ranking Up for Increased Sales
Now that you’ve discovered how to increase your Google rankings for free, you can broaden your reach and optimize your site— and boost sales. With some effort, and a determination to make your site the best that it can be, visibility (and legitimacy in Google’s eyes) can set you on a trajectory to accomplish aggressive sales goals.
For more information on the many ways you can boost your business online, follow our blog here. Revital Agency provides free marketing tips that uncover the best way to grow your business.
Other Google Articles You May Be Interested In
- How to Use Google Keyword Planner to Maximize Your SEO Efforts
- How to Use Google Analytics to Boost Your SEO
- 3 Steps to Simple A/B Testing with Google Analytics
- 3 Google Ranking Factors Every Website Should Follow
- 10 Simple SEO Hacks to Quickly Improve Your Google Ranking
- Google PageSpeed Insights vs. GTMetrix: Which One Is Better?